Harold Coleman Jr.
Los Angeles, CA
Harold Coleman, Jr., Esq., is senior vice president for mediation at the American Arbitration Association (AAA)… the global dispute resolution leader, and mediator/executive director for AAA Mediation.org…an AAA technology innovation that trains and develops mediators, promotes their practices, and connects them with a diverse community of users and ADR thought leaders worldwide. Coleman also trains new AAA arbitrators and aspiring mediators in basic/advanced arbitration case management techniques and basic/advanced mediation skills. A former multi-disciplinary project manager and complex litigation attorney, Coleman has mediated and arbitrated multiplied hundreds of litigated and non-litigated disputes over a 30+ year legal and ADR career. His formal education encompasses studies in civil engineering, business, real estate and law, leading to the academic degrees of Bachelor of Science and Juris Doctor. He is a former member of the AAA’s international board of directors, a Fellow of the College of Commercial Arbitrators (CCA), and currently officer/director for the International Mediation Institute (IMI). He is program co-chair for the American Bar Association’s 2018-2019 Advanced Mediation & Advocacy Skills Training Institute. He is a recipient of the State Bar of California’s Distinguished Service to the Legal Profession citation and was nominated, vetted for, and profiled in the National Law Journal’s Legal Times as an ADR Champion for 2017. Most recently, Coleman was conferred the American Bar Association Section of Dispute Resolution’s 2018 Chair’s Distinguished Service Award. Coleman serves the global ADR community from the Association’s Southern California and New York offices. He may be contacted at email ColemanH@aaamediation.org and direct dial 619.794.6001.
- Advanced Mediation & Settlement Conference Skills for Jurists
- Advanced Mediator Training Series: Expanding the Mediators Toolbox – Blending Advanced Mediator Strategies
- Advanced Mediator Training Series: Managing the Dynamics of a Multi-Party Case
- Advanced Mediator Training Series: The Extent or Limit of Mediator Influence to Effect Settlement
- Advanced Training in Healthcare Mediation
- Arbitration Fundamentals and Best Practices for New AAA Arbitrators
- Conflicts Skills Training for Professionals
- Construction Mediation and the User Experience: Pathways to Settlement and Satisfaction
- Essential Mediation Skills for the New Mediator
- Mediation Skills for HR and Labor Relations Professionals
- Mediator Essentials: Skills for Facilitating Negotiated Agreements